- ‘personal information’ also includes sensitive information, which is defined in the Privacy Act to include information or an opinion about an individual’s racial or ethnic origin, religious beliefs or affiliations, sexual orientation or practices, health information, or genetic information that is not otherwise health information;
- health information has the meaning given to that term in the Privacy Act and includes information or an opinion about the health or disability of an individual, health services provided (or to be provided) to an individual, and other personal information that is collected to provide, or in providing, a health service.
We aim to collect personal information only if it is reasonably necessary to providing the service, product or information you have requested from us. In general, ACE Accountants & Advisors collects personal information about its customers, contractors, service providers and suppliers, prospective employees, and employees of its contractors, service providers and suppliers. In the course of providing, you with our services, we collect personal information in a variety of ways. Unless it is unreasonable or impracticable to do so, we collect your personal information from you directly [ including by using cookies on our website] In some cases, however, we will collect information about you from a third party. For example, if you are a customer, we may collect personal information about you from the other service provider who may have provided services to you. If you are an employee of a customer, contractor or supplier, we may also collect your personal information from your colleagues or employer. At the time of collection, or as soon as practicable after we have collected it, we will take such steps as are reasonable in the circumstances to notify you of the collection and of any matters relevant to the collection, unless it is obvious from the circumstances that you would know or would expect us to have the information.
We may collect personal information about you when:
- you contact ACE Accountants & Advisors to provide accounting and business-related services to you or your organisation, or with a view to engaging ACE Accountants & Advisors to provide these services.
- either you or your other service provider you used contact us to provide accounting, advisory and business-related services.
- your employer becomes a customer, contractor or supplier of Ace Accountants & Advisors.
- you engage with our business and its employees in the course of receiving services from us.
- visit our website, https://www.aceaccountingsolutions.com/ (Website)
- make an enquiry about our products and/or services (including through our Website).
- ask to be placed on one of our mailing lists.
- acquire products or services through our Website or otherwise
- supply products or services to us.
In general, you can assume that we may collect the following personal information about you:
- email address.
- telephone number.
- details about you to assist in managing our relationship with you
- details of the services we have provided to you or that you have enquired about, including any additional information necessary to deliver those services and respond to your enquiries.
If you are a customer to whom we are providing services (Client), we may also collect the following personal information about you:
- date of birth.
- Employment details and history
- Tax File Number.
- Details about your financial situation and circumstances including bank details, your assets and liabilities, income, expenses, superannuation and insurances.
We may use information collected through our Website for the purpose of gauging visitor traffic, trends and delivering personalised content to you while you are at our Websites. Where possible, we will provide you with a choice to opt-out of any of the above and any of our marketing communications. We will comply with your request to decline to receive these marketing communications.
Sharing of your personal information
We may disclose your personal information to:
- external providers of services that we may use to operate our business and manage our business systems (for example, this may include file storage service providers, database and mailing service providers, marketing service providers, printers, call centres, providers of payment processing and identity verification services and IT technicians who may need access when providing on-site support and other professional service providers as required from time to time)
- our professional advisors and service providers.
- if you are an employee of one of our corporate customers, contractors or suppliers, ACE Accountants & Advisors may also disclose your personal information to your employer.
- our existing or potential service providers, business partners or partners
We may disclose your personal information to these third parties so that they can assist us with providing the best possible service to you. Those third parties will be permitted to access only the personal information they need to deliver the service to ACE Accountants & Advisor to you. ACE Accountants & Advisors takes reasonable steps to ensure that these organisations are bound by confidentiality and privacy obligations in relation to the protection of your personal information. When you provide us with your personal information you give us your consent to disclose your personal information outside of Australia for the purposes described above and acknowledge that we are not required to ensure that overseas recipients handle that personal information in compliance with the Privacy Act. We are not otherwise likely to disclose information to overseas recipients unless it is with your consent, or the disclosure is required or authorised by law. The privacy and collection practices of entities to which we disclose personal information are governed by their own privacy policies and collection notices.We will not otherwise disclose information about you unless the disclosure:
- is required or authorised by law
- you have consented to our disclosing the information about you.
Quality of your personal information
We aim to ensure that your personal information is accurate, complete, and up to date. To assist us in this, you need to provide true, accurate, current, and complete information about yourself as requested and properly update the information to us to keep it true, accurate, current, and complete. If you believe that the information we hold is not or is no longer true, accurate, current, or complete, please contact us and we will use all reasonable efforts to correct the information. If we do not believe the information to be incorrect, we will take reasonable steps to add a statement to the information claiming that you believe the information is inaccurate, incomplete or out-of-date.
Securing your personal information
We may hold your personal information in electronic or hard copy form. We will take reasonable precautions to protect your personal information from misuse, interference and loss, as well as from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. We use a number of physical, administrative, personnel and technological measures to protect your personal information. We take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify personal information if it is no longer needed.
Accessing and correcting your personal information
You have a right to request access to, or the correction of, your personal information that we hold about you, subject to exceptions allowed by law. You may be required to put your request in writing for security reasons. We will give you access to, or correct, your personal information unless there is a lawful reason for refusing your request for access or correction. If we refuse your request, we will give you a written notice explaining our reasons for that refusal and how you may complain about that refusal.
Change in control of Ace Accountants & Advisors
If we sell or otherwise transfer part or the whole of ACE Accountants & Advisors or our business to another organisation (including in the course of a transaction like a sale, merger or acquisition or as part of a dissolution, liquidation, administration, receivership or other form of insolvency), you agree that your personal information that is collected by ACE Accountants & Advisors may be disclosed to a third party, prospective buyer, transferee or insolvency practitioner and that this is reasonable to enable that party to continue or manage the business.
If you have a complaint about our collection, use or disclosure of your personal information, or you wish to make a complaint about a breach of the APPs, please contact our Privacy Officer at the details set out below. In your complaint, please set out the details of your complaint and your contact details. Our Privacy Officer will contact you to acknowledge your request and ask for any other applicable information. Our Privacy Officer will then investigate the issue and advise you in writing of the outcome. You can also make a complaint to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner. Further information is available at www.oaic.gov.au.